Friday, May 22, 2009

Help!

I have a yahoo email ID which is now totally junk that I do not even want to open it these days. I also have a gmail ID which is more sane, thanks to gmail's much better spam protection algorithm. The problem is that I login to orkut using my yahoo ID and somehow I have a google account, the username of which is "rpradeephere at yahoo.co.in". My orkut and this blog is associated with this account. However my saner google account rpradeep.kumar at gmail.com is associated with my picasa and email stuff.

I want to shift or change my yahoo-google account's orkut and blog to my saner google account so that I need to just login once. Every time I login to check my gmail, my orkut or blog will sign off since I cant keep two google accounts open at same time. Also the computer is confused over which password to save and crap and hence everytime I end up typing my username password. I am going bonkers coz of this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

use two browsers
mozilla&chrome one for each account

madhusudan said...

I had the same problem too.
I deleted my yahoo-orkut account and created a gmail-orkut account.

You can export the yahoo-orkut contacts to a file, delete your yahoo-orkut account, create a gmail-orkut account and import back all these contacts. Finally, add them as friends again.

other solution is to configure your gmail account to automatically forward all your e-mails to your yahoo mail,so that you need not open gmail.

hope that was helpful

Unknown said...

@Madhu

That was helpful. But seems so anti consumer friendly, that too from google's stable. It involves quite some effort for the technically challenged!

Simran Roy said...

Thank you for your helpful blogs. I really enjoy your style of writing and the insights you
so graciously share. for more info visit CSUF Help Center