Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ideal life

My definition of ideal life:

I just thought how would I define my ideal life to be and came up with this:

I should be staying in Chennai or Bangalore with my family (spouse et parents). I would not like to stay away from my parents.

I would want to stay in a place where there are a good mix of middle class and upper middle class makkal (Interior T Nagar, Mylapore, Triplicane too). I would not like to stay in a high class society like malabar hills or Adyar in Chennai.

The society in which I am must be simple. I would definitely not like to be in a society where one is measured by what one wears, what car one uses and how big one's house is.

I would like to have priory of pie, trichy day scholar gang and other close NITT makkal within same city or nearby. (The friends I made at NITT were awesome and I would never get bored cracking vivek and vadivel level jokes with them).

I would like two other friends, sid and charu to also be nearby. We get along very well and my sense of humour matches with sid's. We all also seem to have similar outlook towards life in general.

I would like my relatives in Triplicane to be accessible and close to us. I believe they are the ones who truly care about our family. They are honest and extremely simple people.

I would like to make enough money such that I don't have to bother much about money in life.

The job I am in must be exciting and most importantly the people must be fun to work with. I would like to work from 0830 hrs to 1900 hrs and the weekends must be free. The weekends must be free for friends, family and self.

I like eating good tamizh brahamana saapadu and hence that is a must. :)

In simple words to sum things up: In a society of simple makkal, best friends staying nearby, decent amount of money for an upper middle class lifestyle, nalla saapadu, staying with family and finally a good work life balance to enjoy all these.

Am I asking for too much? ;)

4 comments:

Charu said...

There you go! a few substitutions here and there (just friends circles) and you pretty much defined my dream life too :) [i wont settle for anything other than chennai though]!

madhusudan said...

nice post da..btw your statement

"I would like to make enough money such that I don't have to bother much about money in life. "

sounds like a lot of money ;)

Pradeep Kumar said...

Madhu:

Sounds like that. :)
Money is the most dicey topic one can speak about. I guess the "upper middle class life style" sums it decently. The assumption is that our needs do not scale up in the same proportion as our salary. :)

And yeah, Congrats on Broadcom! Would give a call sometime.

the Hooda said...

from a daysci fellow NITT alum, I can very much relate to the "Ideal life" post. and, great blogpost I must say!