Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Milagrow meet and about my friends

I had gone back to my office today to give sweets for getting into an MBA program. All were very happy and congratulated me. Felt happy. :)

Milagrow has played a really important role in my life. I did some really interesting work there and it was a exciting time. But frustrating too since work pressure was too high. :P

However this post is more about 2 close friends I got at Milagrow. Not necessarily close in no. of years we knew each other or the extent to which we spoke with each other. But we got along really well. I did not get a chance to interact with really smart and passionate people in L&T. Most had the "chalega yaar" attitude. These 2 were different. They were very smart, down to earth, had great pedigrees, intelligent and more importantly damn passionate in doing something different, something exciting. One of them was from IIT Kanpur and the other from IIT Madras. All were 2005 batch passouts. What was different was, they were not interested in doing an MBA. They were not interested in MS etc. They wanted to start something on their own in a non IT field and were getting damn passionate about it. They may start it anytime. I like the fact that they are not in the rat race. Not because they feel its too tiresome (thats the thought many normal engineering types may have) but because they feel they are destined to do bigger things. Flying in business class does not seem to excite them much. They want to go out and create a big businesses.

I will wait to see what happens. I am really happy to have got 2 such friends. :)

2 comments:

Doomag said...

dei..
just because you are about to set foot into some WIMxI , you now like only people who have business plans is it? i guess no more place for people who just eat sleep and enjoy movies ;-)
anyway all the best with your plans as well!

Pradeep Kumar said...

@ doomag:

I guess you are confusing between "people whom I like" and "people whom I get inspired from". ;)