Friday, May 9, 2008

NIT Trichy 2001-05 : What did I gain?

I was just wondering today about the things which come to the top of my mind when I think of my 4 years at NIT Trichy and what did I gain. out of those 4 years.

1st year:

- I went to NITT along with 6 guys whom I knew before and we formed a gang there and had nice time ottifying each other and also others. Some of us were pretty merciless when it came to ottifying others. ;) [ottifying = pulling others leg]

- A lot of my nights was spent on 2nd time JEE preps with a very close friend, Madhu.

- I did not find any class interesting in first year. Not that I found classes interesting rest of the years. ;)

- I was from Chennai and we guys were considered to be "scene parties" by the other junta from places like madurai, tirunelveli and stuff. Even though we were the "local types" from Chennai. Not the DAV educated, Vidya mandir graduated, Bon jovi watching, engleesh speaking types. The best engleesh music anyone would have heard in our gang was "backstreet boys" . That too because every year in our school the dance junta used to dance for that "everybodyaaaaaaaaaaa" song for annual day.

- I hardly studied and somehow did not have the motivation to get a good CGPA. I remember Deepak/CD got 9.85/10 in the first sem and was highest in our chennai gang and somewhere near the top 3 in the college. Amongst the Chennai junta, in that sem, 9 was a low score! Almost all had 8.5+.

I scored a 7.85 :)

- I unfortunately did not feel bad about it. Maybe I thought I would crack the JEE anyway. Actually if i remember right, I felt that these exams were crap of the highest order. Too much to mug and a high score did not mean you were intelligent. I had no motivation. I just took maths as a challenge and scored a S. I scored S, A, B, C,D and left only E and F in the first sem.

- I nor Madhu cracked JEE finally. We both screwed it up.

- I used to attend the ragging sessions and became very close with the seniors. To some extent because I was one among the elite few who could "speak and describe things well" and matched the wavelength of some seniors. Badri and Hari were other two who were PhD's in the "necessary" stuff. :P

- We had many pazham's from Chennai. The fun part is many seniors were also Pazham's but acted like "kewl dudes". The ragging sessions were major fun.

Verdict at end of year 1: Great friends. Was enjoying life to the core. Sad that I did not crack JEE. Thought need to concentrate on grades from year 2.

Year 2:

- Made a new set of friends in year 2, mainly because of room allocation going haywire. Pretty unfortunate since I took the lead in 1st year to see to it that our gang all were together!

- Became close friends with a new gang of Trichy Day scholars.

- Out of the 4 years, 2nd year was "THE" year for me.

- We formed a film gang. Me, Krishna and Siva used to watch a hell lot of films. We were regulars. Many others also used to join us. I remember that we watched 32 films in Trichy theatres that year. Trichy theatres rock to the core. At 30-50 bucks, a decent film and the traditional dinner at Sangeetha's. That was life.

- I did not find any of the classes challenging. I wanted to maintain a 8+ GPA and that mattered to me. So, worked hard enough during exam nights to crack a 8+. Madhu was the guy to be with during exams. :)

still to be updated..

2nd year takeaways : Films, new

7 comments:

Srini Iyer said...

seems incomplete.. awaiting 3rd 4th year and mainly aftermath (L&T) when the hero of the post (read:me) enters the scene.. nice one

Madurai Radha Travels said...

Madurai Radha Travels is a popular bus operator name that is well rooted at Chennai. Madurai Radha Travels offers great deal on bus services for various routes like Bangalore to Chennai, Chennai to Hyderabad and many more. Ticketgoose.com provides the best Online Bus Ticket Booking from chennai to bangalore,bangalore to coimbatore bangalore to hyderabad.This is trusted brand in online Bus Ticket Booking since 2007. Ticketgoose.com Launched in August 2007 has been a leader in Ticketing Web Portal for Booking of Bus Tickets.They operate over 3000 Destinations in South India and have collaboration with more than 250 Travel Agents.

Hai Baji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hai Baji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hai Baji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yanmaneee said...

yeezy supply
golden goose
golden goose
golden goose outlet
golden goose sneakers
golden goose sale
balenciaga
golden goose outlet
golden goose
adidas yeezy

Anonymous said...

source importante jetez un œil ici source importante Dolabuy Prada vous pouvez les essayer https://www.dolabuy.su